How to hard-reset/factory reset of Samsung Galaxy S7 Active
Restore your device to its default settings.
You can reset your device to its factory default settings, which resets everything except the security,language, and account settings. Personal data is not affected.
- From a Home screen, tap Apps > Settings > Personal.
- Tap Backup and reset > Reset settings.
- Tap Reset settings, and confirm when prompted
Warning: If you reset your Google Account password, you must wait 72 hours after changing your password to perform a factory data reset on your device.
Before resetting your device:
- Verify that the information you want to keep has transferred to your storage area.
- Log in to your Google Account and confirm your user name and password.
To reset your device: