Before registering your fingerprint on HTC 10, first you have to know about the fingerprint scanner.
You can quickly wake up and unlock the HTC 10 using your fingerprint. You can add up to 5 fingerprints.
When setting up and using the fingerprint scanner, follow these tips:
- Make sure your finger and the fingerprint scanner are dry and clean.
- Use the entire pad of your finger, including the sides and tip.
- When recording your fingerprint, touch the scanner until it vibrates.
The fingerprint scanner has 360° readability—you can touch a recorded finger at any angle to the scanner to turn on the screen or unlock the HTC 10.
Registering fingerprint on HTC 10
If you haven’t already set up a lock screen pattern, PIN, or password, you’ll be asked to set one up.
- Tap Start.
- Choose which finger or thumb to use, touch the scanner until it vibrates, then lift your finger or thumb.
- Repeatedly touch the scanner until the fingerprint has been successfully recorded. You’ll get the best results if you hold your finger in the same direction when touching the scanner.
- After you’ve successfully recorded your fingerprint, tap Done.
You can now use your fingerprint to wake up and unlock your HTC 10.